If you’ve never waterskied, you might think balancing on skis and speeding over the water is hard to do. But, with the right approach, it’s actually pretty easy. Here are a few tips to help you become a waterskier in no time.
- Use skis that are wide and stable, and make sure the weight range of the skis match your size.
- Practice your waterskiing stance on land before getting in the water.
- Learn proper waterskiing hand signals beforehand so you can communicate with people on the boat.
- Before starting, lean back with your knees close to your chest and your skis pointing upward. The rope should be tight and between the skis.
- As the boat begins pulling the rope, lean back and let the boat pull you to an upright position while keeping your knees bent.